Decison-makers from government, business and civil society can jointly learn how to manage development processes at ISoG BW, also gaining a comprehensive understanding which is not just limited to their own sector.
These benefits are what makes the ISoG BW Executive Programme so special:
- Intersectoral study group with participating, professionally experienced experts and executives from government, business and civil society
- Structured on an extra-occupational basis and designed to be career integrating
- Six study modules, project-based learning
- Duration: 12 months with a maximum of 20 attendance days
- Optional degree: Diploma of Advanced Studies with ECTS credit points or academic, ongoing education with a certificate of attendance
- Express your interest immediately to Martin Hölz
- Study course start: April in each respective year
Do you want to master intersectorality in various dimensions in a sustainable manner?
We will work with you in order to develop the competence for this:
- Intersectoral knowledge (governance, social trends)
- Intersectoral thinking (ethics and attitude, leadership, mindset, self-perception, reflection)
- Intersectoral action (strategy and policy, action competence/management, communication and conflict, project governance, network building)
|Module 1 – Intersectoral Governance: Principles and contexts||Module 2 – Governance Analysis: Regimes, cultures, mechanisms|
| || |
|Module 3 – Intersectoral Project Governance: Managing and leading governance processes||Module 4 – Cooperation and Conflict: Handling tensions and resistance|
| || |
|Module 5 – Multiple Mediality: Governance and media utilisation||Optional: Module 6 – Governance Cluster: Embedding and institutionalising|
| || |
Modules with multiple work strands:
- Content meetings: Teaching fundamental knowledge
- Practical projects: Working in project groups on actual, individual intersectoral projects from Baden-Württemberg.
- Method training courses: Analysis tools, communication, moderation, agile projects, project governance.
- Individual network partnerships
- Team development and creating networks
- Blended learning
- Personal learning portfolio
- Varied event formats located in Stuttgart and Heilbronn
The didactic concept jointly combines three learning strands:
- Inputs: Experience-based and evidence-based professional impulses and method training courses provided by experts who possess practical experience.
- Case studies: Case work on your own project and working in teams on practical projects; This therefore incorporates the organisation of excursions and public events.
- Coaching: Individual mentoring in one's own case work and developing competence (portfolio) as well as in the team by utilising supervision/intervision.
The target group of the "Intersectoral Governance" executive programme is executives and professional managers from government, business and civil society. The programme is aimed at executives wishing to develop leadership behaviour in a comprehensive understanding which is not just limited to their own, individual sector. It furthermore adresses executives and professional managers who are already active at the interfaces for intersectoral collaboration and would now like to expand their knowledge.
These are the prerequisites which you require for participation:
- Relevant University of Applied Sciences degree or a suitable qualification acquired in the profession
- Secondment provided by the employer
- Willingness to contribute an intersectoral project which originates from your own organisation
The certificate programme comprises six modules. The possibility exists to only participate in the first five of the six modules in order to make the programme as flexible as possible for our participants. DHBW will issue a certificate of participation after regular participation at a minimum of 80% in modules 1-5 (or of at least 80% in modules 1-6).
Optional degree with a University of Applied Sciences certificate (Diploma of Advanced Studies):
DHBW will certify ECTS credit points for each module after successful completion of one module examination.
If the participant successfully completes all six module examinations, then the DHBW will issues a University of Applied Sciences certificate in the form of a Diploma of Advanced Studies with 30 ECTS credit points. When the legal prerequisites for higher education are fulfilled, then the acquired competences can be credited to the Bachelor's or Master's study courses at the DHBW.
The recognition of the acquired competences from the executive programme “Intersectoral Governance” for programmes provided by other Universities of Applied Sciences or higher education institutions will be reviewed by the receiving higher education institutions on their own responsibility.
Option A: Modules 1-6 with approx. 24 attendance days, which will be divided into 18 working days and 6 Saturdays (six block events of four days respectively) in approx. 12 months.
Option B: Modules 1-5 with approx. 20 attendance days, which will be divided into 15 working days and 5 Saturdays (five block events of four days respectively) in approx. 12 months.
Additional time for self-study and participating at examinations must be calculated for the acquisition of ECTS credit points. We will be pleased to advise you.
The events will take place at various locations in Baden-Württemberg e.g. in the participants' organisations. We will inform you punctually about the locations of your attendance events. You will have to reserve and pay for your own accommodation at the locations.
The costs for attending 6 modules amount to 9,000 Euros including all fees. The costs for attending 5 modules amount to 7,500 Euros including all fees. Additional, possible travel and accommodation costs may also apply.